Category Archives: Practical Electricity
2011 GCE O Level Physics Paper 1 Question 33
An electrical cable contains three wires: live, neutral and earth. The cable is correctly wired to a plug which contains a 3A fuse. The insulation becomes damaged and bare metal wires show. Five possible events can occur.
- A person touches the earth wire
- A person touches the neutral wire
- A person touches the live wire
- The live wire touches the neutral wire
- The live wire touches the earth wire
How many of these five events cause the fuse in the plug to blow?