Category Archives: Education
Click here to check out this year's Singapore Science and Engineering Fair 2013!
To cater to strong demand for advance preparatory courses, we are organising headstart classes in November and December 2012. Details are as follows:
- Cohort A: 6 to 8 lessons in 8th – 30th Nov 2012;
- Cohort B: 6 to 8 lessons in Dec 2012;
- Each lesson 2 hrs;
- Students can choose A or B, or both;
- Exact dates to be modified to suit students.
If there is any areas of improvement with regards to course details above, do let me know.
- Revision of present year’s work;
- Advance learning of next year’s topics;
- Emphasis on traditionally difficult topics;
- Common mistakes highlighted;
- Small class sizes for enhanced effectiveness.
Details of registration are as follows.
- Click here to register
- Free course materials provided
- Registration start date: 15 Oct 2012
- Early-bird registration: 20% discount for registration in the first two weeks.
I've tried using iPads for teaching classes and found a few apps that are pretty handy for teaching Physics such as:
RI Physics (a list of A-Level H2 Physics formulae) by Raffles Institution
Vernier Video Physics by Vernier Software and Technology
Gas Laws HD Light by TJ Fletcher
While some students may not be able to afford an iPad or any other tablet for that matter, they might want to consider purchasing a second-hand iPad via Apple Singapore user marketplace if there is a good enough deal. With newer iPads coming out every few months, people are promptly off-loading their older versions at cheap prices.